Are you looking for a job? Networking is one of the key ways to find a position that is a good fit for you. A staffing service like IES Custom Staffing can help you to tap into a vast professional network of companies who trust our staffing professionals to help them find qualified candidates. You can also greatly expand your professional network – and make important connections – by creating a great LinkedIn Profile.
Many people make accounts on LinkedIn, but they don’t use their profiles to their full advantage to make industry connections and present themselves as attractive candidates to employers. You can make sure your portfolio is a big advantage for you in your job hunt by:
- Using a custom URL. When you’re on the Edit Profile screen on LinkedIn, you can edit the URL for your public profile. By setting a custom URL – which usually should be linkedin.com/yourname – you make it much easier to publicize your profile and much faster for employers to find you on LinkedIn.
- Making sure your photo is a professional one. You want to come across as professional and put-together in your portfolio. Your photo should show you in professional attire and looking tidy. You can even try to capture a photo of yourself in action at your job if you want to stand out and show off your skills.
- Use your headline wisely. Your headline should capture attention and show what sets you apart from the crowd. Don’t just use your company and job title if you’re looking for work – show off who you are.
- Write a summary that showcases your talents. You should have a 3-5 paragraph summary that is simple to read and walks the reader through your professionals skills and abilities. Ideally, include bullets for readability and highlight your unique qualifications in this section.
- Turn your profile into a resume. Instead of just listing the jobs you have had, take the opportunity to show off your accomplishments. Be specific about the quantifiable successes you have had in your career so employers can easily see the value you’d add to their organizations.
Using LinkedIn and other services to make connections is a great way to enhance your job search. You should also contact IES Custom Staffing as soon as possible to find out how our team can help you land the job of your dreams.