The only good thing we can tell you about the job market right now is that it is primed for your application. The pandemic brought us one good thing, and that is a job market that is fully candidate-driven. Thanks, COVID. If you’re considering a change, there hasn’t been a better time in recent memory to pursue the interview process. In this blog will share some of the trends we think you should know about the job market this year and what you should do right now to find meaningful work in 2022.
2022 Job Trends
In August 2021, more than four million Americans quit their jobs. Hello, Great Resignation. Workers who were fed up with their current positions, were aided by a super-hot job market. That trend should move into 2022, so if you’re considering a switch, this will be a good year. Companies are increasing pay and paying sign-on bonuses as well as offering some attractive perks. One note of caution; good perks do not always equate to a good employee culture. Look to your IES recruiter to get the real scoop on the job front.
CNN says the three job trends that will dominate your job search in 2022 are:
- An economic recovery after COVID. The U.S. is predicted to bounce back with some strong growth, particularly in the hospitality and transportation sectors. Job growth should be positive and stable.
- Labor shortages and a low unemployment rate. The new COVID variant may prompt more baby boomers to seek early retirement, so this will make the labor shortage worse, not better. CNN says, “Overall wage growth is likely to remain strong next year, especially for new hires, and workers in blue-collar and manual services jobs.”
- Remote work has already normalized and most companies have turned as many back office positions as they can into virtual or hybrid positions. The variant may delay to traditional work settings, however, new employer rules may affect who is required to get the vaccine.
If you’re looking for a job this year, all of these trends seem tailor-made to create a positive environment for finding a better career path. So, what is your next step in the New Year?
Do These Five Things Right Now to Find a Job
If you’re looking for skilled labor, light industrial, or admin clerical jobs, look no further than IES Custom Staffing. We provide support to agricultural, distribution, and manufacturing workers, offering temp-to-hire, temporary, seasonal, and even full-time jobs just waiting for you. If you’re ready to work, do these five things right now to find a job:
- Determine what you want from your next position. What are your goals?
- Revamp your resume. We’d be happy to take a look at it and give you some advice.
- Give us a call. We’re standing by to represent you to top employers.
IES can place you in a diverse array of jobs, including:
- Axel and trailer
- Bakery production
- Call center operators
- CNC operators
Work with the staffing agency of choice in Idaho and northern Utah.
Looking for new employment opportunities? Between jobs or just looking for work to fill in the gap? Let IES Custom Staffing help you. Whether you’re looking for skilled labor jobs, light industrial jobs, or admin clerical jobs, we can help you land that next great career. We work with some of the largest local and national manufacturing, distribution, and agricultural companies in the region! We’ve got temporary, temp-to-hire, seasonal and full-time positions available.